Wednesday, February 16, 2005
Chapter 6.2 Valentines Day 2005
Hmm… Valentine’s day was crappy as usual. At least this time I was not dissappointed because I didn’t expect flowers or gifts. Co-workers gave plenty of candy. And we did a Valentines Bash, but besides that no personal celebration… Sti gave me a merengue and a card that was really cute and talked about our friendship. Lucinda called to say congrats… Gil called to invite me for dinner but didn’t bother to wish me a happy V day… Alex left a merry Xmas message… Oh, well… I guess that this day is as important as a friggin cold... I cannot say I miss flowers or a ring or a necklace or a special something because I’ve never had that. Yup… 31 years and no, I have not received anything romantic from anyone… And I have not been told that I mean the world to someone… I only got one gift I gave myself, a pulpito with a heart that reads I love you… Yes, I love myself. I am the only one that remembers myself and praises myself… I wish I had a mate that shared interests and details and love… But somehow the wishing has left me numb… It is the first valentine that I don’t cry. I gave up on love… seems that I truly have… Gil doesn’t fight for me, Steve doesn’t desire me and Alex doesn’t want to deal with me… So… Yes, I am destined to be the lady with a thousand cats, and no lord. So be it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment