Yes it feels as confined as it seems. No matter what I see everyone else's lives through a window, and I see all the things unfolding and all I can do is sight... and make believe... and wish... It is all so funny, as I know many would trade their lives for mine... And my life is not as pleasing as it should have been... How a tale could have gone so wrong? Only one character remains as important... only one character survived the trials and waves of despair... surviving but still looking through everybody else's windows... sighting...
From The Little Mermaid, Part of your world
(Maybe he's right. Maybe there is something the matter with me. I just
don't see how a world that makes such wonderful things could be bad.)
Look at this stuff
Isn't it neat?
Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the girl
The girl who has ev'rything?
Look at this trove
Treasures untold
How many wonders can one cavern hold?
Lookin' around here you'd think
(Sure) she's got everything
I've got gadgets and gizmos aplenty
I've got whozits and whatzits galore
(You want thingamabobs?
I got twenty)
But who cares?
No big deal
I want more
I wanna be where the people are
I wanna see
Wanna see 'em dancin'
Walkin' around on those
(Whad'ya call 'em?) oh - feet
Flippin' your fins you don't get too far
Legs are required for jumpin', dancin'
Strollin' along down a
(What's that word again?) street
Up where they walk
Up where they run
Up where they stay all day in the sun
Wanderin' free
Wish I could be
Part of that world
What would I give
If I could live
Outta these waters?
What would I pay
To spend a day
Warm on the sand?
Betcha on land
They understand
Bet they don't reprimand their daughters
Bright young women
Sick o' swimmin'
Ready to stand
And ready to know what the people know
Ask 'em my questions
And get some answers
What's a fire and why does it
(What's the word?) burn?
When's it my turn?
Wouldn't I love
Love to explore that shore above?
Out of the sea
Wish I could be
Part of that world
All in all I am a mix of a Belle gone wrong and an Ariel from the original mermaid tale... the one with no happy ending...
All in all... I go on... Dream or nightmare, I survive.
Now that you're out of my life
Im so much better
You thought that I'd be weak without you
But I'm stronger
You thought that I'd be broke without you
But I'm richer
You thought that I'd be sad without you
I laugh harder
You thought i wouldnt grow without you
Now I'm wiser
Thought that I'd be helpless without you
But im smarter
You thought that I'd be stressed without you
But I'm chillin'
You thought i wouldnt sell without you
Sold 9 million
I'm a survior (What?)
I'm not gon give up (What?)
I'm not gon stop (What?)
I'm gon work harder (What?)
I'm a survivor (What?)
I'm gonna make it (What?)
I will survive (What?)
Keep on survivin' (What?)
I'm a survior (What?)
I'm not gon give up (What?)
I'm not gon stop (What?)
I'm gon work harder (What?)
I'm a survivor (What?)
I'm gonna make it (What?)
I will survive (What?)
Keep on survivin' (What?)
Thought I couldn't breathe without
I'm inhaling
You thought I couldn't see without you
Perfect Vision
You thought I couldn't last without you
But I'm lastin'
You thought that I would die without you
But I'm livin'
You thought that I would fail without you
But I'm on top
Thought that it would be over by now
But it wont stop
Thought that I would self destruct
But I'm still here
Even in my years to come
I'm still gon be here
I'm a survior (What?)
I'm not gon give up (What?)
I'm not gon stop (What?)
I'm gon work harder (What?)
I'm a survivor (What?)
I'm gonna make it (What?)
I will survive (What?)
Keep on survivin' (What?)
I'm a survior (What?)
I'm not gon give up (What?)
I'm not gon stop (What?)
I'm gon work harder (What?)
I'm a survivor (What?)
I'm gonna make it (What?)
I will survive (What?)
Keep on survivin' (What?)
I'm wishin' you the best
Pray that you are blesses
Bring much sucess, no stress, and lots of happiness
(I'm better than that)
I'm not gon blast you on the radio
(I'm better than that)
I'm not gona lie on you and you family
(I'm better than that)
I'm not gon hate on you in the magazines
(I'm better than that)
I'm not gon compromise my Christianity
(I'm better than that)
You know I'm not gon diss you on the internet
Cause my mama taught me better than that
I'm a survior (What?)
I'm not gon give up (What?)
I'm not gon stop (What?)
I'm gon work harder (What?)
I'm a survivor (What?)
I'm gonna make it (What?)
I will survive (What?)
Keep on survivin' (What?)
I'm a survior (What?)
I'm not gon give up (What?)
I'm not gon stop (What?)
I'm gon work harder (What?)
I'm a survivor (What?)
I'm gonna make it (What?)
I will survive (What?)
Keep on survivin' (What?)
Oh (oh) oh (oh)
After all of the darkness and sadness
Soon comes happiness
If i surround myself with positive things
I'll gain prosperity
I'm a survior (What?)
I'm not gon give up (What?)
I'm not gon stop (What?)
I'm gon work harder (What?)
I'm a survivor (What?)
I'm gonna make it (What?)
I will survive (What?)
Keep on survivin' (What?)
I'm a survior (What?)
I'm not gon give up (What?)
I'm not gon stop (What?)
I'm gon work harder (What?)
I'm a survivor (What?)
I'm gonna make it (What?)
I will survive (What?)
Keep on survivin' (What?)
-Destiny's Child, Survivor
No comments:
Post a Comment