Sunday, July 30, 2006

Two poems...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PROMISE OF SOMEDAY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would pay anything, do anything, say anything,
Just to hold you.
I would go anywhere, everywhere,
To be with you.
All I have ever dreamed of, all that there is to dream of,
Is in your arms.
There is no color in my world without you,
There is no sun.
Agony doesn't even begin to describe how I feel
Without you.
Just the sound of your voice soothes my soul
Calms my fears.
And such a powerful silence reigns in the absence
Of that voice.
I live off of my dreams, my hopes, my certainties,
Mostly because
All three are now the same thing.
All are you.
I live off the thought that someday we will be together.
Someday time and distance will no longer separate us.
Someday I WILL hold you.
And then, I will never let you go.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BE NEAR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please be near me in my dark time.
I need to know that you're here.
Please don't stray from my side, my love.
I'll always be well when you're near.
With you in my heart, I'm never alone.
Your smile will block out my fear.
Holding your hand, my sorrow is gone.
Your love will dry every tear.


(Both poems by Janice, for the Beauty & the Beast TV show)

Dedicated to my Beast... even if he will never know...
"Although we cannot be together
We will never, ever, be apart"

No comments: