I always write the bad stuff... So I should also make a habit of writing the good stuff. Just to be fair in keeping track of life.
So... Here goes...
Gilberto called me up so I would visit him on Thursday. Things were a bad omen, as I went off the house auntie was fighting with me because I was going to see him, leaving Steve playing in my room... I was like so what, he's hooked on the PS2 but I keep forgetting that it is not my house... Breathe in, breathe out. Arrived at Tril's house and he started fighting too with the same “Steve syndrome” thing… I left and he called me back, I don’t get why but he wanted to go out on Friday… after the big fight… Una de estas cosas… Anyway, I made sure he understood the point that if he misbehaved/screamed/did/said something stupid I will just leave him whenever the night took us. He said ok, so I said ok.
So,he called on Friday. I said he had to wait until 7pm because I was having dinner at auntie's so Steve would eat, he complained and I just told him to remember what I had said the day before. He shut up and said 7 was fine. Ok, so I picked him up… He started talking of movies and I sugested Hoodwicked. He didn't knew what that was about, he was thinking of Pink Panther, but since I was quite insistent he complied... Anything to see me smile. So far so good. We went to see the movie, and actually had a good time. He treated me with some goodies as well as the ticket. He had eaten nothing, and invited me to dine... I was not so hungry but thought I could sin and eat a dessert, so I suggested Dennys. His face was surprised and delighted, that is his favorite place to dine out. We got there, and I got a nice warm coffee with a fruit-pancake. He devoured his sandwich. All the while I was on a roll talking about how I've been bothering people at work in the last 3 days, about the upcoming Pirate activity that I'm helping to plan, and the graduation I'm supposed to decor. He seemed to have fun, and was attentive and polite the whole while. He also payed for the dinner. My car was with scarce gas, and he filled some of the tank. And then I delivered him. It all was ok, no fights and no stupid comments... he actually behaved as a gentleman (WHAT!) and had interesting things to say. I was waiting for a catch, but there was none. I went home quite content with the outing outcome. So, it IS possible to have fun if someone tries hard enough… Who knew?
He called me up on Sat for the one minute "I'm alive, what are you doing" talk. I was watching WNTW so was not paying too much attention to him and he hanged up... Oddly enough without a fight. After I delivered Steve to his place, I had the hunch of simply driving by Tril's house. He was just stepping out of Pedro & Fernand's pickup. So, he came running to the car asking what was I doing there. I just said I was passing by and took the route since he always said he spent time at the balcony at nights when bored. So, he smiled and simply said "Thank you". We talked a little, took him to KFC since he wanted to grab something to eat, and then I went home. I was too sleepy to do anything else.
Yesterday I just passed by again after delivering Steve. I actually pulled over and called for him. His grandfather saw me and called louder so he would hear. He was surprised to see me, and went running down the stairs like a little kid, just to give me a big hug. Ok... That was happy... I just stayed for some minutes as it was a Sunday night, and he thanked me for remembering to go see him.
Ok... So who is the girl and who is the guy here? Ah... The usual... But at least I have not ended up crying and the moments have been happy and assertive... Miracles do happen.
He hinted on my birthday being near, and I laughed out saying his was first. He said he wanted to give me something special... And without second thoughts I just said well... gather enough money and take me to Disney for October. LOL Not that I believe he will do it... But who knows, by now I think anything can happen...
I don't have hopes for anything, I am not thinking of a future and I an not committing myself to noone. But I have to admit that I feel happy and at peace whenever he is around me, and is NOT acting/talking idiotically. It shouldn't be such an ill fate if that could be true every day of our lives... Is it possible for Neverland to come to us? Whenever he is around I feel like a kid, full of wonder... He makes me feel young and wreckless. He can bring out the best in me, if he really wanted to... He only needs to change the focus of his life, and learn to grow keeping the kid intact. A thin line... that makes all the difference. Hope Tinkerbell doesn't become a pain in the ass...
10-4
No comments:
Post a Comment