Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Ch 7.5 After the rain...

I was pleased last night as Gil made an effort to treat me well. He called me up to invite me to dinner, and he took me to Denny’s. We enjoyed a nice conversation, nice dinner, laughed at the Texan music, joked about that, and took off without arguing. Then he treated me to ice cream, and then I left him in his house.

Brief, nice, refreshing. He says he got a contract as a roady with the band Red from Anda Pa’l Cará… Let’s see how that goes… He was quite full of pride about it. After all, it is the kind of job he has always wanted. He says that it will be 3 days weekly on low season, can be up to 7 days on high season... Who knows. Maybe he can actually be good at it and keep the job, for a change. He looked happy and fulfilled. That's a difference.

HE mentioned that he was happy because he finally made true a promise he made a long time ago: To take me to dine at Denny's with his own money. The scene got blurred as I got teleported to the past, to the times of college, sci-fi and anime randomness... We passed by Denny's and he said: "Someday I will bring you there and we will have fun, and I will treat you as you deserve". So... Someday was yesterday night. It touched me, even if I didn't show it. I am mad at him, and he knows. So I am ice cold to him. But yes, inside, it touched me. It was nice that he remembered...

No comments: