Sunday, July 17, 2005
Mirror
A stranger travelled from Humacao just to meet me. He was a complete gentleman, and turned out he do the same things I do for a living. And he is going through the same disruption in life as I am going... His relationship was for 6 years, and she asked him to leave. The only difference between us is that she didnt tell him that she didnt love him... And my guy did tell me he doesnt love me. So... It was kinda therapeutic to listen to him... I said a sentence that stuck in his mind and then stuck into mine... He said the in the long run she will realize that she didnt knew what she was doing... And I said In the long run they are doing EXACTLY what they wanted to do... Ah, the irony of it all! One may keep hope that things will change, but each day that passes by one realizes that they keep on living their lives without one... And it seems not to affect them... And you ask yourself why and how and why is this possible... And you go to sleep flooding yourself in tears... Yet they go on... Day after day, they are not part of you... They stopped being the ones you trusted with life and soul... They betrayed you, the memory of you, the dreams that were built in a false togetherness... The pain gets worst with each passing minute. The ache of the deceit is completely insane... Why keep hope after such a complete display of coldness? Why keep faith when they use every wicked trick to grant you desperation, emptyness and uneasyness... This stranger and me shared just one hug, but that hug gave me the strenght of knowing that I am not the only one going through hell, that justice aint always served, that dreams do come to an end, that the worst thing in life may be an utterly loneliness of the spirit, that perhaps it was a way in which God materialized just to establish his presence and make me feel that although the times are dark and stormy He is there, He can grant compassion... A stranger did what my so-called friends didn't. One kindness I will never forget.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment