Thursday, February 09, 2006

Throw a stone...

Here I stand before you, naked, my arms extended side to side. Throw the stones if that pleases you, throw them all but make sure that there is no mistake, make sure that my death is imminent, unavoidable. My bare feet already bleed from stepping on the crystal sharp way that lead to your world. What is one more wound, can’t you see all the scars you have left on me through the years? Look at me, each scar tells a tale of my willingness to try once more and then the sudden edge that ripped me apart… not once or twice, but so many times that I have lost count... wounds that heal a little just to be re opened again, mercilessly.

Throw stones at my arms, so they break and can never ever hold you again, or help you get up, or comfort you. Throw stones at my chest so my heart becomes still and the blood flow stops, so there will be no feeling that clouds reason and no pain that mocks life. Throw stones at my legs, so they won’t take me to your side anymore. Throw stones at my head so my thoughts become numb, so reason blurs and the bliss of nothing comes and grants me the peace I have always looked for... So I stop thinking of you, wishing for you, dreaming of you… even hating you.

It should all be easy for you… But also I do have a last request. Throw a stone for each time you lifted your hand against me so the pain remains there as a physical evidence of your so called love. Throw a stone for each time you made a promise and failed me… You will be surprised at how much damage you have done to my spirit just by looking at the damage on my flesh. Throw a stone for each time your sweet tongue has spoken ill of me… You will see how I stop having the shape of a woman, as all that will be left is only broken bones and mangled flesh. Throw a stone for each time you took me against my will, for each time you hurt me, for each time you stepped over my beliefs and aspirations. Throw a stone for each time you said you loved me, and lied.

It will be an easy task that you will enjoy even more than destroying my belief and my love. Not that it will matter much to me… Here I stand, before you, already a corpse… Feeling nothing. My un-life breathes so you finish this task. It matters not if you are swift or if you take long… I may even laugh at your attempts to break me. You did it all so long ago, the irony of it! Look at me… Throw your stones… If you dare.

No comments: